Becoming A Board Member
What Does A PL Board Member Do?
A board member helps make business related decisions for Project Lumina. This includes:
- Approval of salaries and contracts as needed
- Election of officers and/or new Board members
- Other business matters as they arise
How Long Is the Commitment?
The regular duration of this board appointment shall be from the date of execution forward for 12 months from start of service, and barring withdrawal or Board action, may renew for the following year without notice.
What Are the Expectations As A PL Board Member?
- Four meetings of the Board per year (which may be held by telephone conference call, Skype or other electronic means), during which major business of the Nonprofit Corporation may be discussed, conducted and approved
- Basic understanding of the Policies of the organization